Home → Priorities & Accomplishments → Supporting Maine's Small Businesses
Supporting Maine's Small Businesses
- Created "Account Executives" to help businesses navigate state and local government. Governor's Account Executives have provided assistance to over 10,000 new and expanding businesses.
- Established the "Business Friendly Community" program to help local municipalities become "Open for Business" and make them a key part of Maine's business attraction strategy.
- Regulatory reform streamlined licensing and permitting for job creators.
- Created a Red Tape Hotline (207-624-1486) that business owners can call and get answers from state government.
- Initiated an action plan outlining a multiyear effort to expand broadband access to 99% of Maine households that optimizes the leverage of private funding and helps more Maine small businesses compete.
- Initiated the Heat Pump Pilot Program to reduce heating costs for Maine families and businesses. Heat pumps now warm over 20,000 homes and small businesses and saving roughly 3 million gallons of heating oil per year.