Home → Newsroom
Governor LePage to Visit Ellsworth for Tax Town Hall Meeting
April 13, 2015
For Immediate Release: Monday, April 13, 2013
Contact: Adrienne Bennett, Press Secretary, 207-287-2531
AUGUSTA – On Thursday, April 16, Governor Paul R. LePage will visit Hancock County for a town hall meeting to answer questions about his comprehensive tax reform and relief plan. This will be the sixth town hall meeting the Governor has held.
Ellsworth High School will host the public forum from 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 16, which is free for anyone to attend. The town hall will be held in the theatre of Ellsworth High School, 299 State Street, Ellsworth.
The next town hall will be in Belfast on Tuesday, April 28. Auburn, Bangor, Presque Isle, Saco and Westbrook already have hosted town halls.
The LePage Tax Cut Plan is a bold initiative to make Maine a more attractive place for young families, retirees, veterans and job creators. This plan will:
• Cut the tax burden by $300 million for Mainers.
• Make Maine competitive again, nationally and globally.
• Drive prosperity for decades to come for all Mainers.
• Reduce the income tax by 40% since the start of the LePage Administration.
• Propel Maine’s national ranking from 33rd to 23rd in terms of tax climate.
• Attract good-paying jobs so our children can stay, work, prosper and raise their children in Maine.