Home → Newsroom
Thornton Academy in Saco to Host Governor’s Town Hall Meeting
March 27, 2015
For Immediate Release: Friday, March 27, 2015
Contact: Adrienne Bennett, Press Secretary, 207-287-2531
AUGUSTA – On Thursday, April 2, Governor Paul R. LePage will visit York County for a town hall meeting to answer questions about his comprehensive tax reform and relief plan. This is the fifth town hall of several to be held across the State.
Thornton Academy will host the town hall from 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 2, which is free and open to the public. The town hall will be held in the auditorium of the Academy at 438 Main St, Saco.
Auburn, Bangor, Presque Isle and Westbrook already have hosted town halls.
The LePage Tax Cut Plan is a bold initiative to make Maine a more attractive place for young families, retirees, veterans and job creators. This plan will:
• Cut the tax burden by $300 million for Mainers.
• Make Maine competitive again, nationally and globally.
• Drive prosperity for decades to come for all Mainers.
• Reduce the income tax by 40% since the start of the LePage Administration.
• Propel Maine’s national ranking from 33rd to 23rd in terms of tax climate.
• Attract good-paying jobs so our kids can stay, work, prosper and raise their children here.