Home → Newsroom
University of Maine Presque Isle to Host Governor’s Town Hall Meeting
March 18, 2015
For Immediate Release: Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Contact: Adrienne Bennett, Press Secretary, 207-287-2531
AUGUSTA – On Thursday, Governor Paul R. LePage will visit Aroostook County for a town hall meeting to answer questions about his comprehensive tax reform and relief plan. This is the fourth town hall of several to be held across the State.
University of Maine Presque Isle will host the town hall from 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 19, which is free and open to the public. The town hall will be held in the Campus Center at the University of Maine Presque Isle located at 181 Main St, Presque Isle. Additional town halls are expected on the following dates (more will be added). More information regarding specific locations will be available in the coming days.
April 2: Saco
April 16: Ellsworth
April 28: Belfast
The cities of Auburn, Bangor, and Westbrook already have hosted town halls.
The LePage Tax Cut Plan is a bold initiative to make Maine a more attractive place for young families, retirees, veterans and job creators. This plan will:
• Cut the tax burden by $300 million for Mainers.
• Make Maine competitive again, nationally and globally.
• Drive prosperity for decades to come for all Mainers.
• Reduce the income tax by 40% since the start of the LePage Administration.
• Propel Maine’s national ranking from 33rd to 23rd in terms of tax climate.
• Attract good-paying jobs so our kids can stay, work, prosper and raise their children here.