Career & Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs)
- Contact Information / Overview of Maine Career & Technical Student Organizations PDF 160KB Word 486KB
- DECA. DECA, formerly known as Distributive Education Clubs of America, prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. Promotes personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of a family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communications, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
- HOSA - Future Health Professionals. HOSA, formerly known as Health Occupations Students of America, promotes career opportunities in the healthcare industry and enhances the delivery of quality healthcare to all people. HOSA provides a unique program of leadership development, motivation, and recognition exclusively for secondary, postsecondary, adult, and collegiate students enrolled in health, safety and environment programs.
- Maine FFA Association. The Maine FFA Association (formerly Future Farmers of America) envisions a future in which all agricultural education students will discover their passion in life and build on that insight to chart the course for their educations, career and personal future. Maine FFA has nearly 500 members, with chapters located throughout the state, from Brunswick to Caribou, and is the state-level affiliate to the national organization.
- Maine Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) - Phi Beta Lambda. Brings business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs. The Maine FBLA is the state-level affiliate of the national organization.
- National Technical Honor Society (NTHS). Started in 1984, NTHS honors the achievements of top CTE students, provides scholarships to encourage the pursuit of higher education, and cultivates excellence in today's highly competitive, skilled workforce.
- SkillsUSA Maine. A partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure Maine has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA Maine is the state-level affiliate of the national organization.