SETU Services in Detail
The DHHS Staff Education and Training Unit (SETU) exists to support the required training and professional development needs of staff across all Program Offices within DHHS.
Our staff is composed of 3 people: a Staff Training and Development Consultant, an Online Training Coordinator, and a Director of Staff Training and Development.
Our professional development services include:
Certificate program delivery
SETU facilitates two professional development opportunities through certificate programs. These are comprehensive professional development activities involving a small cohort of participants who receive training, group facilitation services, evaluation of work products and goal planning for further professional development. Audiences for these certificates include supervisors/managers for the Performance Leadership Certificate and any DHHS staff for the certificate entitled Preparing for Promotion.
Mandatory Training for all DHHS employees
- Curriculum development, coordination and tracking of training required by policy:
- New Employee Orientation for new hires of DHHS
- Managing in State Government for new management staff in DHHS
Curriculum development technical assistance
- SETU provides the Performance Based Training sessions for trainers new to their roles within the Dept. This is by request and for this targeted population.
- Consultation on development, delivery, logistics and evaluation of curriculum for various internal/external audiences throughout DHHS, as requested from Program Offices.
By Request Training Programs
In addition to the certificate programs SETU, by management request, can provide training for work teams on:
- Conflict Resolution Workshop
- Performance Based Training
Administration of training delivery through the SETU website
- Posting of training available for DHHS staff
- Coordination of enrollment activities and waiting lists
- Completion of attendance lists of enrollment
- Publication of certificates certifying training attendance
- Record training completion on SETU staff transcripts
- Report of training evaluations, as requested
On Demand Online Training
SETU has a repository of topics pertinent to DHHS staff. These topics are short focused videos of processes and topics specifically targeted for new employees and management staff. Free live and recorded webinar resources from various providers can be assessed on the SETU website as well.