DHHS→ MeCDC→ Disease Prevention→ MCH→ CSHN→ Newborn Bloodspot Screening Program→ For Providers
Newborn Bloodspot Screening Program - For Providers
Maine Newborn Bloodspot Screening Data:
Newborn Bloodspot Databrief 2021 (PDF)
Rules are being updated to reflect timeliness goals from the Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns Children, view the current Maine rules.
Contact Information- If there is urgent need for a newborn screening test result, and the Maine Newborn Bloodspot Screening office is closed, please contact the New England Newborn Screening Laboratory online or by phone at 774-455-4600
Midwives are able to order two ways:
- Order NBS filter papers by filling out the Midwife Order Form (PDF) with a check or money order
- Order NBS filter papers using our online ordering service at the following site www.maine.gov/online/bloodspot/order payment with credit or debit card only.
To order NBS filter papers:
- Fax a purchase order (PO) to (207) 287-4743
- Use our online ordering service – requires credit or debit card payment
To order the needed labels and envelopes to send in your NBS filter papers use this form.
Forms and Materials
Order Maine Newborn Bloodspot Filter Papers
Obtaining a Bloodspot Specimen
- Unsatisfactory Specimens (PDF)
- How to Obtain a Specimen (PDF)
- Request for Additional Testing (PDF)
- Request for NBS Destruction (PDF)
- Request for Release of Bloodspot Report for Sickle Cell Screening Results (PDF)
- Repeat Specimen Form (PDF)
- Religious Refusal Form (PDF)
- Hospital Transfer Form (PDF)
- Midwife Order Form (PDF)
- Action Sheet and Important Points (Word)| also as PDF
- Response to positive Cystic Fibrosis screen (Word)) PDF
- CF Family Handout-one gene change (Word)| also as PDF
- CF Family Handout-two gene changes (Word)| also as PDF)
Please contact the Maine Newborn Bloodspot Screening Program at 207-287-5351.
Severe Combined Immuno-Deficiency Disorder/Marker
- SCID Fact Sheet for PCP (Word)| also as PDF
- SCID Parent Information Sheet (Word)| also as PDF