Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Other Maine-based health data sites
- Maine Health Index "The Health Index is an initiative of MaineHealth that monitors progress on Maine's most pressing health priorities. Launched in 2008, the Health Index initiative uses health data to inform the needs and opportunities for improving health across the state."
- Maine Kids Count "Maine KIDS COUNT, a project of the Maine Children's Alliance, is part of the national KIDS COUNT network, a state-by-state effort funded by the Annie E. Casey Foundation to track the status of children across the United States… The major goal of the Maine KIDS COUNT project is to provide policymakers and citizens with meaningful, reliable, timely data regarding the well-being of children in Maine."
- Measures of Growth: "The Maine Economic Growth Council and Maine Development Foundation [annually publish] a report on the key indicators that measures Maine's progress toward long-term economic growth and a high quality of life for all Maine people."
National health data resources
- Healthy People 2030 provides a comprehensive set of 355 core objectives, as well as development and research objectives. These objectives are organized into five health topics. These sets are intended to foster data-driven national objectives to improve health and well-being over the next decade.
- CDC Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System - The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) is the nation's premier system of health-related telephone surveys that collect state data about U.S. residents regarding their health-related risk behaviors, chronic health conditions, and use of preventive services.
- National Chronic Disease Indicators "The chronic disease indicators (CDI) are a set of surveillance indicators developed by consensus among CDC, the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE), and the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD). CDI enables public health professionals and policymakers to retrieve uniformly defined state and selected metropolitan-level data for chronic diseases and risk factors that have a substantial impact on public health."
- AHRQ's H-CUPnet "HCUPnet is a free, on-line query system based on data from the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). It provides access to health statistics and information on hospital inpatient and emergency department utilization."
- CDC Wonder "Welcome to CDC WONDER -- Wide-ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research -- an easy-to-use, menu-driven system that makes the information resources of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) available to public health professionals and the public at large. It provides access to a wide array of public health information."
- National Environmental Public Health Tracking System "The National Environmental Public Health Tracking Network (Tracking Network) is a system of integrated health, exposure, and hazard information and data from a variety of national, state, and city sources."
- CDC WISQARS "CDC's WISQARS (Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System) is an interactive, online database that provides fatal and nonfatal injury, violent death, and cost of injury data from a variety of trusted sources."
- US Census QuickFacts QuickFacts provides statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
- County Health Rankings "The County Health Rankings measure the health of nearly all counties in the nation and rank them within states. The Rankings are compiled using county-level measures from a variety of national and state data sources. These measures are standardized and combined using scientifically-informed weights."
- America's Health Rankings "This benchmark report is the longest-running, comprehensive state-by-state study of our nation's health. Click on any of the 50 states to see its rank, strengths, and challenges. Understand how your state compares on healthy behaviors, determinants and outcomes."
- Community Commons "Community Commons is a place where data, tools, and stories come together to inspire change and improve communities. We provide public access to thousands of meaningful data layers that allow mapping and reporting capabilities so you can thoroughly explore community health."