ONLINE LICENSE renewal
- Registration of medical and industrial x-ray equipment.
- Inspection of all mammographic facilities.
- Certifying private sector x-ray inspectors.
The Maine Radiation Control Program - X-ray section is staffed by Steven Sprengel and Gene Kaler. The x-ray section registers approximately 1060 x-ray facilities . There is an annual registration fee per x-ray machine and a requirement for periodic inspections. These inspections are performed by third party Qualified Experts who are approved by the agency.
Mammographic facilites are inspected annually by the State for compliance with the Mammography Quality Standards Act. There are 59 registered diagnostic mammographic facilities in Maine. All have been inspected and certified as complying with the provisions of the Mammography Quality Standards Act. The facilities are inspected annually, to insure ongoing compliance.
Registration requirements for specific x-ray facilities:
- Clinical/Private Practice
- Portable (hand held, Aribex)
- Out of State
- List of Qualified Experts
- Rule requests (pdf format)
- New X-Ray registration form (HHE 804)
- X-ray Machine Shielding Waiver form (HHE 804A)
- Radiation Machine Registration form (HHE 805)
- Temporary X-ray Machine Registration form (HHE 805A). Good for 30 days
- Certified Technician form (HHE 820)
- X-ray Service Provider registration (HHE 825) and additionally Installation Checklist for Maine Clients
- Custom registrant lists (HHE 871): nominal fee of $30.00, may change depending on content and number
- Other Forms ?
- e-mail for rule or registrant list request to: Steven.Sprengel@maine.gov or Gene.Kaler@maine.gov
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL THE RADIATION CONTROL PROGRAM AT: