REQUIREMENTS FOR CHIROPRACTIC FACILITY IN MAINE
To open, to add an additional unit or move existing x-ray equipment in the State of Maine, each owner of the x-ray facility must:
- Have a shielding design (a drawing of the purposed x-ray facility indicating what shielding material is required) performed by a Qualified Expert, If this is a replacement x-ray unit used in the same facility in the same room, please fill out the form HHE804A and get it signed by your Qualified Expert.
- Submit the shielding design to the Radiation Control Program for review. Send to Radiation.DHHS@Maine.gov
- Complete and submit to the Radiation Control Program the registration form with the proper registration fee. Use form HHE 804 for fee submission and form HHE 805 for (each) x-ray machine data.
- Have the x-ray equipment inspected by a Qualified Expert within 30 days of installation and every 2 years. A copy of this report must be sent to the Radiation Control Program, any areas of non-compliance must be repaired/adjusted within 60 days and a copy of the service representative's report sent to the Radiation Control Program and
- Have a Quality Assurance Program and perform the necessary test to assure good quality.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL THE RADIATION CONTROL PROGRAM AT: