Maine Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages & Lottery Operations
The Bureau, Commission and our partnerships with Pine State Spirits, Scientific Games International, lottery retailers, agency liquor stores and the liquor licensees throughout the state are committed to providing the citizens of Maine with outstanding customer service and superior products. The Bureau also has the important responsibility of enforcement and licensing of all liquor licensees in Maine.
Important Licensee and Applicant Information related to COVID-19 Crisis
Over the last several months, the Bureau has issued guidance memos on a variety of topic governing the operations of your licensed establishments. On October 6th, Governor Mills issued a new Executive Order 14 FY 20/21 with effective dates of October 13th and November 2nd related to Stage 4 of the Governor’s plan for restarting Maine’s economy for inside service for restaurants, bars and tasting rooms. The Maine Department of Economic and Community Development has issued updated guidance on this matter. Please use the following links to review the updated guidance that now governs the operation of your establishment regarding the service of food and beverages in and out doors.
Rules & Statutes
- Ch. 101 Operation and Control of All Licensed Premises (Word)
- Ch. 102 Premises Licensed for On-Premises Consumption Only (Word)
- Ch. 103 Premises Licensed for Off-Premise Sales Only (Word)
- Ch. 104 Premises Licensed as Wholesalers, Manufacturers and Certificates of Approval (Word)
- Ch. 105 Labeling (Word)
- Ch. 106 Salesmen (Word)
- Ch. 107 Advertising and Signs Applicable to all License Holders (Word)
- Ch. 110 Agency Stores (Word)
- Ch. 120 Licensing Procedure (Word)