The Maine State Lottery offers fun and exciting lottery draw games including Tri-State Megabucks, Powerball, Mega Millions, Lucky for Life, World Poker Tour, Tri-State Pick 3 and Pick 4 and Tri-State Gimme5 as well as an extensive array of instant scratch lottery tickets.
The Maine State Lottery was established in 1974 by Maine voters in a statewide referendum. Each year, millions of dollars are returned to players in prizes; Maine’s local businesses of all sizes receive millions of dollars in commissions and bonuses for selling lottery products. Over the last 5 years, the Maine State Lottery has transferred an average of $56 million annually to the programs and services supported by the State’s General Fund. In addition, the Lottery has transferred an average of $579,000 to Maine’s Outdoor Heritage Fund to support wildlife and conservation efforts.
Maine State Lottery - Amber Alert Program
The Maine State Lottery is now participating in the AMBER Alert program. The AMBER Alert is a Child Abduction Recovery Program. The goal of the program is to instantly notify the entire state, so that everyone may assist in the search and safe return of an abducted child. The State Emergency Alert System (EAS) will broadcast information in partnership with Maine’s Law Enforcement Agencies, Broadcast Radio and TV Stations, Cable Systems and now the Maine State Lottery with the assistance of over 1,400 retailers.
During an AMBER Alert:
- The Maine Lottery will send an immediate terminal message to over 1,400 Lottery retailers statewide.
- Retailers will be able to print and post copies of the Alert message in their store.
- The Alert message will be re-broadcast to retailers every hour.
- An Alert Cancellation notice will be broadcast to retailers when the Amber Alert is no longer in effect.
- The Alert information will also be displayed on Electronic Lottery Advertising Display Units statewide.