Maine Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages & Lottery Operations
The Bureau, Commission and our partnerships with Pine State Spirits, Scientific Games International, lottery retailers, agency liquor stores and the liquor licensees throughout the state are committed to providing the citizens of Maine with outstanding customer service and superior products. The Bureau also has the important responsibility of enforcement and licensing of all liquor licensees in Maine.
Industry Guidance Memos
The Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages and Lottery Operations (BABLO) contracted with Linda Bosma, PhD, of Bosma Consulting, LLC to conduct a systematic assessment of Maine’s alcohol regulatory and enforcement capacity of the sale of alcoholic beverages, the overall alcohol regulatory and enforcement landscape across states and how Maine compares to other states. The study was funded by the National Alcohol Beverage Association through the Supplemental Education Award. Read the study (PDF).
Rules & Statutes
- Ch. 101 Operation and Control of All Licensed Premises (Word)
- Ch. 102 Premises Licensed for On-Premises Consumption Only (Word)
- Ch. 103 Premises Licensed for Off-Premise Sales Only (Word)
- Ch. 104 Premises Licensed as Wholesalers, Manufacturers and Certificates of Approval (Word)
- Ch. 105 Labeling (Word)
- Ch. 106 Salesmen (Word)
- Ch. 107 Advertising and Signs Applicable to all License Holders (Word)
- Ch. 110 Agency Stores (Word)
- Ch. 120 Licensing Procedure (Word)