DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Agriculture → Division of Animal and Plant Health → Arborist → Arborist Advisory Council
Arborist Advisory Council
The arborist advisory council is appointed by the Commissioner, to provide guidance to, and assist with, the arborist program. The council is made up of 7 members that serve 3-year terms and represent different segments of the arborist profession as well as different geographic areas of the state.
The arborist advisory council meets periodically to discuss any new issues. Meeting minutes can be requested by email.
Current members of the arborist council (October 2017)
- Public Representative - Matt Wallhead, University of Maine Cooperative Extension, Orono
- Licensed Arborist Employed by a Municipality - Kyle Rosenberg, City of Bath
- Licensed Arborist Employed by an Electrical Transmission Company - Thomas Irwin, Central Maine Power, Augusta
- Licensed Self Employed Arborist - Thomas Hoerth, Winter Greens, Gray
- Licensed Arborist who serves on the Governing Council of a Statewide Professional Organization for Arborists - Jeff Tarling, Portland
- Licensed Arborist - Thomas Griswold, Lucas Tree Experts, Freeport
- Licensed Arborist - Billy Guess, Eagle Arboriculture, Trenton