Arborist Advisory Council
The arborist advisory council is appointed by the Commissioner, to provide guidance to, and assist with, the arborist program. The council is made up of 7 members that serve 3-year terms and represent different segments of the arborist profession as well as different geographic areas of the state.
The arborist advisory council meets periodically to discuss any new issues. Meeting minutes can be requested by email.
Current members of the arborist council (September 2023)
- Public Representative - Katherine Garland, University of Maine Cooperative Extension, Bangor
- Licensed Arborist Employed by a Municipality - Dennis Wilson, Brunswick
- Licensed Arborist Employed by an Electrical Transmission Company - Kathryn Manende Hall, Central Maine Power, Sanford
- Licensed Self Employed Arborist - Taylor Stevenson, Wayne
- Licensed Arborist who serves on the Governing Council of a Statewide Professional Organization for Arborists - Jeff Tarling, Portland
- Licensed Arborist - Thomas Griswold, Lucas Tree Experts, Strong
- Licensed Arborist - Billy Guess, Eagle Arboriculture, Trenton