DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Resource Information and Land Use Planning → Land for Maine's Future → Applying for Funds
Applying for Funds
An application to LMF requires sponsorship from a suitable state agency. An application must include full knowledge and agreement from the landowner that their project is up for consideration for LMF funding.
Funds often assist land trusts, municipal conservation commissions, local governments, private nonprofit charitable organizations, state agencies, and private foundations.
- Conservation & Recreation - Accepting Applications
- Water Access - Accepting Applications
- Working Waterfront Access Protection - Accepting Applications
- Working Farmland Access Protection - Accepting Applications
- Access Improvement Grants - Contact LMF Staff
- Capital Improvement Grants - Not Currently Accepting
Cooperating Entities acquiring land or an interest in land using LMF funds are required to provide an annual report to LMF and the sponsoring state agency. This helps ensure that the ongoing use and management of the land is consistent with the purposes of LMF funding.