Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are needed!
- Admissions gate volunteers collect entrance fees, operate a cash register, direct visitors, and volunteer in 4 hour shifts any day of the week.
- Volunteer Tour Guides lead 1-2 hour park tours for groups of 10-15 school-age children, focusing on the 30 species of native wildlife exhibited at the park; primarily on weekday mornings in May, June, September and October. Training provided!
- Snack shack staff sell ice cream and other snack foods and answer lots of questions about the park.
- Volunteer gardeners start in the greenhouse in March propagating seedlings. They then transplant to gardens outdoors, water, weed, fertilize and generally help to beautify the park. Our gardens expand every year and are a much appreciated landscaping project.
- Volunteer builders and carpenters create signs, build exhibits and displays, work on picnic tables and benches, and generally make themselves incredibly useful on small projects around the park.
- Wildlife Transporters are needed to pick up and transport injured wildlife to licensed wildlife rehabilitators. Training is provided.
- Animal-Talk Presenters present short wildlife programs to a seated audience in July and August at 11am and 1pm.
Unfortunately, volunteers cannot work directly with the wild animals due to insurance and liability issues, but if you volunteer regularly at the park, you certainly get to know more about the wildlife residing there.
If you are interested in volunteering at the park, please complete the volunteer application below and mail to: Maine Wildlife Park, 56 Game Farm Road, Gray, ME 04039. You will be contacted for an interview.