For Teachers & Parents
- Maine Civics: The Path to Maine Lawmaking
Information and links about how laws are made in Maine, including an animated movie, student activities, and lesson plans for teachers.
- Maine 9-1-1
A cast of cartoon characters teaches kids when and how to call 9-1-1 through a series of interactive, animated games and activities. Includes sample curriculum for teachers, and printable coloring book for classroom use.
- Maine Agricultural Education
- Bureau of Land and Water - Teacher Resources
Aquatic wildlife identification, water quality, t-shirt printing, Adopt-a-Watershed curriculum, available videos, brochures, and charts for the classroom.
- Bureau of Highway Safety - Teacher Resources
Links to site that teach safe driving, staying safe as a pedestrian, school bus safety, and seat belt use.
- Project Wild
Workshops are offered to teachers and other educators interested in integrating wildlife and conservation education into their daily lesson plans. (Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife)
- Bureau of Rehabilitation Services Youth and Transition Services
Assists students with disabilities in planning for their future career path by coordinating information and resources as they transition from high school to adult life. Short videos share our client stories
Top Online Services
- Ask a Maine Reference Librarian
- Ask a Law or Legislative Reference Librarian
- Library Catalog Search (URSUS) - Maine Libraries
- Public Libraries Search
- Maine.gov Media Gallery