Supervising Travel Insurance Producers FAQs

For more information, visit our section for Supervising Travel Insurance Producers.

How do we print our license?

The current process is for us to email a copy of the initial license to the primary/business email address provided at the time of application.  The email will generally be sent within 24-72 hours after license approval and will come from  

Duplicate licenses can be downloaded or emailed by visiting  You will need your Maine license number and Access Code.

How do we renew our license? What is the Fee?

Please wait to receive your renewal invoice via email and follow the instructions on the invoice. Invoices are emailed 90 days prior to the renewal due date. Licenses cannot be renewed more than 90 days prior to the renewal data. Renewal Dates and Fees can be found here.

There is no expiration date on our license.  What is our renewal date?

This license has an annual continuation fee. Your renewal date will be based on your initial license date. You can perform a licensee search on our website here. to see your renewal date.

How do we change our contact information?

Address/Contact information can be changed 1 of 2 ways from our website here.

  1. Electronically via ALMS Online with an access code.  This will change your information for Maine only.
  2. Via paper form which can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed.  This will change your information for Maine only

Please note, changing the business entity address does not automatically update that same information for the individual producers affiliated to the entity.

How do we terminate our license?

Please complete the Business Entity Voluntary Termination Form (PDF) or Business Entity Voluntary Termination Form (DOCX).

How do we change our DRLP?  Can there be more than one DRLP?

An entity can change its Designated Responsible Licensed Producer either by paper or electronically using the access code from the website here. In Maine, there can only be 1 designated DRLP.

How do we obtain our Access Code?

Access Codes are printed on the license for all new licenses.  If you do not have your access code, please submit your request via e-mail at or call 207-624-8475 and request Producer Licensing.

How do we submit an application?

Applications can be submitted by paper only and can be found on our website here. Once completed, you may submit by email, fax or regular mail.

What are the application fees?

The application and license fee for both resident and nonresident applicants is $500.00.

How does our agency update its Officer/Director information?

You can submit any Officer/Director changes electronically at Business Entity License Changes. Or, they can be submitted by e-mail, fax or regular mail.  We do not have a designated form at this time.

How do we notify the Superintendent that we are acting as a supervising travel insurance producer?

A licensed MGA, TPA, or producer business entity acting as a supervising travel insurance producer without being specifically licensed as such must notify the Superintendent in accordance with 24-A M.R.S. § 7054(7). This notice should be provided on the STIP Notice Form available at here.

Our business entity has had a name change.  What do we do?

If there is no change to the Federal Tax ID number (FEIN) for the entity, simply complete the Business Entity Name Change Form (PDF) or Business Entity Name Change Form (DOCX).  There is no fee, UNLESS you want a new license printed then the fee is $10.  If, however, there is a change to the FEIN, it is considered a new entity and you must go through the application process.

How do we contact the Licensing Section?