The Maine Bureau of Insurance provides on this page all of the information necessary to license a Medical Utilization Review entity. Contact Us if you have questions or are unable to find what you are looking for.
Important Notice: Starting 2023, renewal notices will be emailed. Please contact Violet Hyatt at email@example.com to update your contact information by 12/31/22.
Maine's Utilization Review licenses are continuous, meaning the license renews annually every April 1st. Renewal notices go out prior to April 1st asking if the UR wishes to renew its license in Maine for the coming year. The UR must return this notice with a check for $100 and a certification reporting any changes since the effective data of the entity's current license and/or the prior year's filing to continue its license for another year. We also request that the UR submit a copy of its most recent application for the completeness of our records. If the UR wishes to terminate their Maine license, just return the notice and request termination.
Annual Evaluation Information Reporting Form
- State of Maine Utilization Review Entities Compliance with 24-A M.R.S.A. §2847 Reporting Form (PDF)
- State of Maine Utilization Review Entities Compliance with 24-A M.R.S.A. §2847 Reporting Form (XLSX)
Requesting Confidential Treatment of Documents
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. Chapter 34 (Licensure of Medical Utilization Review Entities)
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. Chapter 56-A (Health Plan Improvement Act)
- Title 24 M.R.S.A. §2302-A (Nonprofit Hospital or Medical Service Organizations)
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A. §§2749(A) (Penalty for Failure to Notify of Hospitalization)
- Title 24-A M.R.S.A §2847-A (Penalty for Failure to Notify of Hospitalization)
- Maine Bureau of Insurance Rule 850 (DOC) (Health Plan Accountability)
- Maine Bureau of Insurance Bulletin 265 (PDF) (Utilization Review Determinations)
The documents on this page are also available in hard copy by contacting the Bureau.