Equipment Rental Companies FAQs

For more information, visit our section for Equipment Rental Companies.

How do we print our license?

The current process is for us to email a copy of the initial license to the primary/business email address provided at the time of application.  The email will generally be sent within 24-72 hours after license approval and will come from  

Duplicate licenses can be downloaded or emailed by visiting  You will need your Maine license number and Access Code.

How do we renew our license? What is the fee?

Please wait to receive your renewal invoice via email and follow the instructions on the invoice.  Invoices are emailed 90 days prior to the renewal due date. Licenses cannot be renewed more than 90 days prior to the renewal date.  Renewal Dates and Fees can be found here.

There is no expiration date on our license. What is our renewal date?

Resident equipment rental renewal dates are 12/01/even years. Non-resident equipment rental renewal dates are 04/01/odd years.

How do we change our contact information?

Address/Contact information can be changed via paper form ONLY found on our website at here. The form can be faxed, emailed or mailed. This will change your information for Maine only.

Please note, changing the business entity address does not automatically update that same information for the individual producers affiliated to the entity.

How do we terminate our license?

Please complete the Business Entity Voluntary Termination Form (PDF) or Business Entity Voluntary Termination Form (DOCX).

How does an equipment rental company change its DRLP? Can there be more than one DRLP?

An entity can change its Designated Responsible Licensed Producer either by paper or electronically using the access code from the website here. In Maine, there can only be 1 designated DRLP.

How do we submit an application?

Applications can be submitted via the paper form found on our website here. and submit by email, fax or regular mail.

What are the application fees?

The resident equipment rental application and licensee fee is $45. The non-resident equipment rental application and license fee is $85.

How does our company update its Officer/Director information?

You can submit any Officer/Director changes electronically at Business Entity License Changes. Or, they can be submitted by e-mail, fax or regular mail. We do not have a designated form at this time.

Our company has had a name change. What do we do?

If there is no change to the Federal Tax ID number (FEIN) for the entity, simply complete the Business Entity Name Change Form (PDF) or Business Entity Name Change Form (DOCX). There is no fee, UNLESS you want a new license printed which the fee is then $10. If, however, there is a change to the FEIN, it is considered a new entity and you must go through the application process.

How do we submit an affiliation and is there a fee?

Affiliations can be done either by paper or electronically using the access code from our website here. There is NO fee for a new affiliation or to terminate an affiliation.

How do we contact the Licensing Section?