Student Loan Servicers

9-A M.R.S. Art. 14, the Student Loan Bill of Rights

Please note: If your business makes or extends credit to a student for postsecondary education expenses, or a holds debt or obligations owed or incurred by a student to finance postsecondary education expenses, you may need to register as a private student lender in addition to obtaining a student loan servicer license. CLICK HERE for information about Maine's Private Student Lender Registry.

The Bureau issues all new student loan servicer licenses through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS). Click the button below (trusted partner link) to visit the NMLS Resource Center.