Foreign Workers in Logging Industry

If your business hires foreign logging employees through the H2-A visa program (bonds) or you are a landowner that contracts with such a business, you need to be aware of regulations in Maine law pertaining to proof of ownership for logging equipment.

Proof of Equipment Ownership

Employers of foreign logging workers, known in the industry as "bonds," are required to provide proof of ownership for the equipment used by those workers. Employers must own at least one piece of equipment for every two bonds hired. Equipment for which prevailing rates are set (hand tools, chain saws, etc) is exempt from the law. Download the Maine Department of Labor Proof of Ownership Form for Logging Equipment (Word Format.)