Skip to main content
- Improving Health Care for Maine People and Small Businesses: Governor Mills understands that having access to high-quality affordable health care can not only keep people healthy, but it can save lives. That’s why she’s expanding access to health care and making it more affordable for Maine people and small businesses is a priority for Governor Mills.
- Strengthening Education, Supporting Teachers, and Charting a Brighter Future for Students: As someone who raised five daughters, and as the grandmother of five children herself, Governor Mills believes that all Maine children should have the same shot at success, no matter which zip code they grow up in. That’s why she’s fighting to ensure all Maine children are able to get a world-class education in Maine, from Pre-K all the way through college.
- Spearheading Maine’s Economic Recovery and Building a Stronger Economy: Governor Mills is focused on ensuring that Maine has a strong economic recovery from the pandemic and building an economy that provides good-paying jobs across the state. Through her Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan, she has prioritized getting Maine people back to work and building an innovative, forward-looking economy.
- Protecting Maine’s Environment, Advancing Clean Energy & Combatting Climate Change: From rising seas to warming temperatures to deadly natural disasters, our climate is changing in dangerous ways that will have profound implications for our people, for our economy, and for our state. Governor Mills is fighting to conserve Maine’s cherished lands and waters and believes that Maine can’t wait to take action to ensure the resiliency of our communities to the effects of climate change, to build a clean energy economy that creates good-paying jobs around the state, and to end Maine’s dependence on expensive, harmful fossil fuels by using homegrown, renewable energy sources.
- Modernizing Maine’s Infrastructure: The success of Maine’s middle class depends on investing in the things they need every day, like reliable and safe transportation, accessible child care, and affordable high-speed internet. Governor Mills is committed to modernizing Maine’s outdated infrastructure to better serve both residents and visitors.
- Spearheading unprecedented efforts to expand broadband: In today’s world, access to affordable, high-speed internet is as fundamental as electricity, heat, and water. If we want a strong economy and thriving state, we’ve simply got to have it. That’s why Governor Mills has focused on expanding affordable, high-speed broadband across the state, especially in rural areas.
- Saving Lives and Preventing Substance Use Disorder: Governor Mills is committed to ensuring that every person in Maine has the opportunity to live a happy and healthy life and to contribute to the success of our state.
- Expanding housing and ensuring that families in Maine have a home to call their own: A home is more than brick and beams. Home is where we raise our kids, where we sit at the kitchen table paying bills and helping with homework, where we sleep safely every night. Governor Mills is committed to ensuring that every person in Maine has a home to call their own.
- Providing stability and security for Maine’s working men and women: Governor Mills is committed to making progress on behalf of workers across the State of Maine.
- Rebuilding the State of Maine and Tribes’ Relationship: Governor Mills is committed to healing the divisions of the past and to forging a new relationship built on mutual trust and respect.
- Honoring Maine’s Veterans: The daughter and sister of Maine veterans, Governor Mills recognizes the service and sacrifice of Maine’s Veterans and is fighting for them, just as they fought for us.