Statewide Coordinating Council (SCC) for Public Health
SCC Purpose and Mission
The Statewide Coordinating Council for Public Health, established under Title 5, section 12004-G, subsection 14-G, is a representative statewide body of public health stakeholders for collaborative public health planning and coordination.
The Statewide Coordinating Council for Public Health shall:
- Participate as appropriate to help ensure the state public health system is ready and maintained for accreditation;
- Assist the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention in planning for the essential public health services and resources to be provided in each district and across the State in the most efficient, effective and evidence-based manner possible.
- Receive reports from the tribal district coordinating council for public health regarding readiness for tribal public health systems for accreditation if offered; and
- Participate as appropriate and as resources permit to help support tribal public health systems to prepare for and maintain accreditation if assistance is requested from any tribe.
2019 Meeting Dates
- 12/12/2019, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, Room 307 of the Maine State Library, 230 State Street, Augusta
- 9/19/2019, 11:30 am - 2:00pm, Conference Room #3 at the Department of Health and Human Services, 19 Maine Avenue, Bangor
- 6/20/2019, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, Room 307 of the Maine State Library, 230 State Street, Augusta**CANCELLED**
- 3/21/2019, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, Conference Room 1 at the Camden National Bank Ice Vault, 203 Whitten Road, Hallowell
Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Department of Health and Human Services
286 Water Street
11 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0011