Maine Oral Health Program
Maine’s School Oral Health Program Handbook
Oral Health Services for Children and Adolescents with Special Health Care Needs: A Resource Guide
The National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center (OHRC) is pleased to announce a new publication.
The National Center on Early Childhood Health and Wellness is pleased to share Brush Up on Oral Health tip sheet.
Explore this Brush Up on Oral Health tip sheet to learn what silver diamine fluoride (SDF) is and how it works to stop tooth decay. Find answers to commonly asked questions about SDF that Head Start staff can share with parents. There's also a recipe for a healthy St. Patrick's Day hummus that can be made in a Head Start classroom or at home.
Revised CDC Guidance & FDA Updates
On April 27, revisions were made to the CDC Interim Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response. These revisions include the following:
- To address asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission, implement source control (require facemasks or cloth face coverings) for everyone entering the dental setting (dental healthcare personnel [DHCP] [ 1 ] and patients), regardless of whether they have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Actively screen everyone on the spot for fever and symptoms of COVID-19 before they enter the dental setting.
- Actively screen DHCP on the spot for fever and symptoms before every shift.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration Dental Guidance
OSHA released their Guidance for Dentistry Workers and Employers on May 1.
American Dental Hygienists' Association Releases Interim Guidance on Return to Work ADHA Updates on COVID-19
To assist dental hygienists with the many unanswered questions about how to safely return to work, and the need for and availability of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), the ADHA Task Force on Return to Work has developed the ADHA Interim Guidance on Return to Work. This report provides evidence-based guidance for dental hygienists and will be continually updated as a living resource for the profession. It also includes a Readiness to Return to Work Checklist and Patient Questionnaire
American Dental Association Return to Work Guidance Toolkit: https://pages.ada.org/return-to-work-toolkit-american-dental-association
Guidelines for Mobile/Portable Dental Care Programs
- Mobile/Portable Dental Care Programs Working in School Districts (Word) | also as PDF
- Maine Dental Association Re-Opening Guidance: https://www.medental.org/covid
Finding and Providing Dental Care
- For assistance finding a dental practice that will accept MaineCare members, call MaineCare Member Services at 1-800-977-6740
- Dental Clinics and Services for Maine Residents (PDF) - This newly revised (January 2021) directory provides detailed descriptions of Maine's dental clinics and services including requirements and restrictions and is meant to provide a resource for health and social services providers likely to be assisting clients in obtaining the dental care they need.
- Public and Private Clinics in Maine - an abbreviated listing of the resources included in the directory.
- Safety Net Dental Clinic Manual - This online practical and comprehensive reference manual provides information on all aspects of dental clinic development as well as ongoing operations.
- Fluoride Varnish and Silver Diamine Fluoride: A Resource Guide
- Sugar Out Day
- Primary Smiles - A Bibliography of Children's Books on Oral Health
- Dental Injuries (PowerPoint)
- Dental Injuries 101 (PowerPoint) | also as PDF
- Meth Mouth Fact Sheets (Word) | also as PDF
Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Resources for Oral Health
Learn More about HPV Vaccination and About How To Engage Your Professional Partners, Collaborate with Others, and Share Resources with Families
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Maryland Department of Health
- National HPV Vaccination Roundtable
- National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center
- Oral Cancer Foundation: HPV Vaccination
- Virginia Department of Health