Maine Oral Health Program
Free Dental Screening for Children
The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention, School Oral Health Program is pleased to announce a free dental screening for children of all ages living in Kennebec County and the surrounding areas. The screening will take place on Saturday, May 8, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Waterville Community Dental Center.
To take advantage of this great opportunity please see the Dental Screening Flyer (PDF) to learn how to make an appointment!
Check out the Oral Health Program Poster Contest winners!
Dental Clinics and Services for Maine Residents (PDF) - This directory (revised January 2021) provides detailed descriptions of Maine's dental clinics and services including requirements and restrictions and is meant to provide a resource for health and social services providers likely to be assisting clients in obtaining the dental care they need.
Maine's School Oral Health Program Handbook (PDF) - This handbook was created to assist school administrators, dentists, dental hygienists, nurses and volunteers successfully implement the School Oral Health Program.
The CDC updated the Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response on August 28th. This updated guidance helps give clarification to the previous interim guidance. The updated guidance offers the following:
- Provides a section for routine delivery of care during the pandemic and a second section for delivery of care recommendations for patients suspected or known COVID-19
- Reminder for DHCP of transmission risks outside of patient care areas.
- Clarification on engineering controls for open bay operatories, reprocessing treatment areas between patients, and alternative disinfection methods.
Maine people will have an improved quality of life through optimal oral health.
The Oral Health Program seeks to improve the oral health of Maine people through:
- Public leadership in assisting community initiatives to prevent, control and reduce oral diseases;
- Planning, implementing and evaluating programs for oral health promotion and disease prevention;
- Statewide coordination and integration of community based oral health services through increased access and removal of barriers.