DHHS → MeCDC → Disease Prevention → Asthma Prevention & Control → Reports
Maine Asthma Reports and Data
How does Asthma impact Maine?
- One in nine Mainers currently has asthma, that's more than 140,000 people
- Poorly controlled asthma contributes to roughly 5,300 emergency department visits per year
- Poorly controlled asthma leads to approximately 425 hospitalizations per year
- Poorly controlled asthma leads to about 13 deaths per year.
Sources for more Maine and US asthma data
Reports on Asthma Program activities and surveillance
- Maine CDC Asthma Prevention Communications Plan 2020-2025 (PDF)
- Maine Home Asthma Education Program: Evaluation Results 2016-2017 (PDF)
- Maine Asthma Non-Physician Training Evaluation Report 2019 (PDF)
- 2006-2010 Burden of Asthma In Maine (PDF)
This report contains data on: Asthma prevalence, management, and quality of life as well as asthma health care utilization, asthma deaths, and the economic impacts of asthma.
- Maine Asthma Program
- 11 State House Station
- 286 Water St. 5th Floor
- Augusta ME 04333
- Tel: 207-287-3041
- Fax: 207-287-7213
- TTY: Maine relay 711