Maine CDC Breast and Cervical Health Program (MBCHP)
MaineCare Treatment Act
The MaineCare Treatment Act provides full MaineCare coverage to uninsured women who are diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer or pre-cancerous conditions.
The Patient Navigator will assess each woman applying for coverage under the MaineCare Treatment Act to ensure she meets MaineCare eligibility requirements.
- In need of treatment for breast or cervical or pre-cancerous condition; and
- Age 35 through 64; and
- U.S. Citizen or resident non-citizen; and
- Uninsured or if insured, it does not pay any part of the cancer treatment; and
- Income at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level for the applicant's family size; and
- Is a member, or has been seen by a MBCHP participating provider or mammography facility
Please contact our Patient Navigator: 1-800-350-5180 option 1, or direct line (207) 287-5057, TTY users call Maine Relay 711
Informational brochure: MaineCare Treatment Act informational brochure (PDF)