Private Well Water Resources for Community Partners
The resources provided below are for organizations interested in learning more about the drinking water that comes from private wells in Maine. Use these resources to plan and evaluate community prevention activities, apply for funding, and monitor this important environmental health issue in Maine.
Questions about these resources? Contact Karyn Butts at 207-287-6650 or email@example.com
Use the Maine Tracking Network data portal to find private well water quality data (for arsenic, fluoride, manganese, nitrate, nitrite, and uranium) for towns, Healthy Maine Partnership service areas, counties, public health districts, and the state. The data portal is also home to Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System data about homes with wells and well water testing behavior.
In the interactive data portal, you can create your own customized maps, tables, and charts to better understand private well water quality and testing in your area.
Private Well Water Data on the Maine Tracking Network : Watch this webinar to learn how to use the Maine Tracking Network to access data about private well water quality and testing in Maine. (Live webinar held on 5/13/2014.)
Well Water 101: This recorded webinar presents an overview of well water quality issues and resources in Maine. (Live webinar held on 4/18/2014.)
Resources to Use in Your Community
- Wellwater.maine.gov - a website to link to state agencies that deal with well water
- VIDEO: How to Test Your Well Water - watch how to do a water test
- VIDEO: Understanding Your Water Test Results - learn how to find the important information in your water test results so you know if your water is safe to drink
- BROCHURE: Test Your Well Water - A brochure identifying what to test for and how often to test well water (PDF)
- POSTER: Is Your Well Water Safe to Drink?" (PDF)
- Tipsheet: Have you tested your well water for arsenic? (PDF)
- Tipsheet: Arsenic in Your Well Water (PDF)
- Tipsheet: Uranium in Your Well Water (PDF)
Contact Karyn Butts to order bulk quantities of print materials or videos on DVD: firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-287-6650.