The mission of the Maine State Harness Racing Commission is to preserve integrity of the harness racing industry, promote sportsmanship, and enforce the rules and statutes. In effort to proudly protect Maine harness racing, the members, spectators, and betting public, the commission supervises, investigates, and brings penalty to those who are found to be participating unfairly.
The Maine State Harness Racing Commission strives to be consistent and fair in all aspects of the daily operations in order to support and strengthen the harness racing industry. Tasks include: strict regulation of substances administered to races horses by pre-race, post-race and/or out-of-competition blood testing; ensuring the safety of horsemen and horses by drug testing licensees; seeing to completion positive test results by holding hearing meetings and delivering the appropriate penalty; licensing Off-Track Betting facilities and their operators; maintaining a safe and productive environment for those involved as horsemen, betting public, and spectators; and to promote and preserve the pride in Maine Harness Racing.
Harness Racing Commission Board
- Tim Archambault , Chairperson
- Barry Norris, Commissioner
- Richard Shiers, Commissioner
- James Kelley, Commissioner
- Edward Kelleher, Commissioner
- 2020 Maine Harness Racing Commission Report (PDF)
- 2019 Maine Harness Racing Commission Report (PDF)
- 2018 Maine Harness Racing Commission Report (PDF)
- 2017 Maine Harness Racing Commission Report (PDF)
Harness Racing Commission - Augusta Office Staff
Phone: (207) 287-3221
FAX: (207) 287-5576
Miles D. Greenleaf