Home → Labor Laws → Maine Monitor Advocate
Maine Monitor Advocate
The State Monitor Advocate monitors agricultural employers for compliance with the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act. To do this, the Monitor Advocate:
- Conducts field checks in the agriculture industry.
- Provides information and advocacy for migrant and seasonal farmworkers on issues such as wages, housing and discrimination.
- Informs farmworkers of their rights and the services available to them.
- Ensures that migrant workers seeking employment services receive the same level of service as nonagricultural or nonimmigrant customers.
Maine Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker Demographic Survey 2015 (HTML)
This survey provides opportunity for state agencies, legislators, service providers, and the public with a glimpse of who migrant farm workers are, why they come to Maine, and where they come from. The survey sheds light on the fact that migrant farmworkers comprise 62 percent of Maine’s farm hired labor workforce, contributing to the local economy, yet going unnoticed as an important sector of Maine’s workforce.
- Map of Major Crop Growing Areas in Maine
- Maine Employee Rights Guide
- Guía de Derechos de Empleados en Maine
- Tips for a Healthy Back for Farmworkers
- Consejos para una Espalda Saludable
To Contact Us
State Monitor Advocate:
Jorge A. Acero
55 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04330
e-mail: Jorge A. Acero
phone: (207) 623-7928
TTY: Maine relay 711