Ask the Expert

To ask a question on labor laws or workplace safety and health, enter your question and name information below. If you are unable to e-mail this form back to us, you can fax it to (207) 623-7938 or call us with your question at (207) 623-7900 (TTY: Maine relay 711).

The Ask the Expert service addresses topics and specific questions that are often asked of the Department of Labor. Many additional answers to questions not addressed here may be obtained from other materials on this website or by calling the Department at  207-623-7900. Depending on the nature of your inquiry, you may need to seek legal guidance from private counsel on questions of your obligations under the law.

Please Note: You may be able to get the information you need from the Frequently Asked Questions page , the Wage and Hour page, or the SafetyWorks! website.

  Company / Name

  Mailing Address

  City / Town       State      Zip

  Phone Number

  E-mail Address