The Energy Working Group will evaluate and recommend short- and long-term mitigation strategies to reduce gross and net annual greenhouse gas emissions from Maine's energy sector, as well as evaluate and recommend short- and long-term strategies and actions for adaptation and resiliency to climate change.
Meeting details, agendas, minutes, and handouts can be found on the right hand side of this page.
Most upcoming virtual meetings will take place via the Zoom platform. Please visit our homepage for tips on using Zoom if you are new to this platform.
Energy working subgroup calls this week:
- Subgroup #1 (Clean Energy Supply/Renewable Portfolio Standard)
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/93962152703?pwd=MkJrSEJhY3lXWDl3NnNZK2JZa2hhUT09
Contact Melissa Winne, email@example.com, for phone call-in information.
- Subgroup #2/#5 (Grid Planning/Load Flexibility)
Thursday, May 21, 2020 from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Zoom Registration: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIkcOuoqzMjGdEgaB7bEwCL4-Ob7ayGQOO4
Energy working group draft broad recommendations (current as of May 18, 2020):
- Subgroup #1, clean energy supply/renewable portfolio standard -Download the Excel spreadsheet here (link)
- Subgroups #2, demand management/load flexibility, & #5, proactive grid planning, have merged
- Subgroup #3, renewable fuels -Download the Excel spreadsheet here (link)
- Subgroup #4, energy financing -Download the Excel spreadsheet here (link)
Public comments to the Energy Working group (current as of May 11, 2020) can be read here (link). This list will be updated frequently.