The Governor’s Office of Policy Innovation and the Future (GOPIF) serves as a key coordinator, working collaboratively with other State agencies and stakeholders to address critical long-term issues facing the State of Maine. We support planning and implementation by providing research, data, and innovative policy solutions.
Current areas of focus and leadership include:
- The State's Climate Action Plan, Maine Won't Wait
- The Maine Climate Council
- The Community Resilience Partnership
- Lead-By-Example in State Government
- The Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan
- The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Housing and Community Development
- Opioid Response and Prevention
- The Children’s Cabinet
- The Cabinet on Aging
Mission, Vision & Values
The Governor’s Office of Policy Innovation and the Future fosters collaboration across state government to help solve Maine’s most important long-term challenges utilizing data-driven, innovative policy solutions.