Maine Climate Impact Dashboard
An interactive collection of data about Maine’s past, present, and potential future climate.
The interactive displays of the Maine Cimate Impact Dashboard show how Maine’s health, economy, and communities may be affected by a changing climate. Mainers can use these tools and data to better understand these impacts and to advance climate mitigation and resilience efforts in Maine communities.
About the Dashboard
The Dashboard consists of nine story maps with a variety of interactive data displays and maps to illustrate impacts of climate change in Maine. It was created through a partnership between the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Governor’s Office of Policy Innovation and the Future, with funding from the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention's Climate-Ready States and Cities Program.
Click on any image to view the story map for that topic. To jump to a different topic, click the title in the bar at the top of the screen. To return to the Home page, click the four-square icon at the top of the page. Please note this data is provided for communications purposes only and may not be suitable for location-specific planning purposes.
Additional Climate Science Resources
For more tools, resources, and data sources in addition to this page, please visit the websites linked below.
- Dig into historical temperature (and precipitation) data with the Maine Climate Office at the University of Maine and the Maine Climate Hub from the Maine Department of Environmental Protection. For global trends, visit the Climate Reanalyzer tool from UMaine.
- Learn about how Maine's infrastructure, including roads, culverts, and more, are affected by climate change with the MaineDOT Climate Initiative.
- Read the Maine Climate Council's Scientific Assessment of Climate Change and Its Effects in Maine
- Explore the Gulf of Maine Research Institute’s Climate and Fisheries Data Dashboard
- Explore how sea level rise will affect different parts of Maine’s coast in the Maine Geological Survey’s Sea Level Rise/Storm Surge Viewer
- Dive into Maine’s sea level rise trends and variability in the Maine Geological Survey’s Sea Level Rise Dashboard