Home → Non-profit Gaming Licenses
Beano/Bingo and Games of Chance
The Gambling Control Unit is responsible for the administering and enforcement of the laws and rules governing Beano/Bingo and Games of Chance. This includes licensing and/or registration of games and inspection for compliance which include Agricultural Fairs. Additionally, this Unit shall also assist in the investigations of illegal gambling in Maine.
For questions or information, please contact Public Safety Inspector, James Gass at 207-626-3902 or email at James.A.Gass@maine.gov
Statutes and Rules:
- Laws Regarding Beano or Bingo - Title 17 M.R.S.A Chapter 13-A.
- Laws Regarding Games of Chance - Title 17 M.R.S.A Chapter 62.
- Chapter 30 - Rules Relating to Beano/Bingo by Federally Recognized Indian Tribes effective July 25, 2018
- Chapter 31 - Rules Relating to Beano/Bingo effective July 25, 2018
- Chapter 32 - Rules Relating to Games of Chance effective July 25, 2018
- Non-Profit Appendix A
- Beano/Bingo Registration - MGCU 5000
- Application for a License to Conduct High Stakes Beano/Bingo - MGCU 5100
- License to Conduct Games of Chance (Card Games) - MGCU 5300
- Games of Chance Registration - MGCU 5400
- Charitable Cribbage Tournament Registration - MGCU 5500
- Information for Beano/Bingo and Games of Chance Initial Applicants
- Bingo/Games - Expense Sheet - MGCU 5600
- Bingo - Winner-Take-All Round Report - MGCU 5700
- Bingo - Members Assisting Report - MGCU 5800
- Tournament Game Worksheet - MGCU - 5900
Click the title of any LD to download the PDF copy of the bill text.
|Non-Profit Gaming Statutory Changes for 2019|
|LD 34||An Act To Clarify Games of Chance Licensing Requirements||No||9/19/2019|
|LD 131||An Act To Permit a Veterans Organization To Lease Its Facility to an Organization That Is Registered to Operate Beano or Bingo Games without Obtaining a Commercial Beano Hall Permit||Yes||4/11/2019|
|LD 158||An Act To Amend the Laws Governing Bingo||No||9/19/2019|
|LD 253||An Act To Clarify the Requirements for High-hand Competitions in Gams of Chance Tournament Games||No||9/19/2019|
|LD 352||An Act Regarding Licensing Fees for Certain Tournament Games||No||9/19/2019|
|LD 1154||An Act To Increase the Betting Limit on Games of Chance at Fairs and Festivals and To Expand Allowed Operation||Yes||5/16/2019|
|LD 1268||An Act To Update and Clarify the Laws Governing Raffles||No||9/19/2019|