Bureau of Highway Safety Social Media Sites;
The Bureau of Highway Safety is increasingly utilizing Facebook to provide information and education the public and to receive feedback from them as well.
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. The following comments will be removed if posted:
- Profanity and vulgar or abusive language
- Threats of physical or bodily harm
- Sensitive information (for example, information that could compromise public safety)
- Offensive terms that target protected classes, such as ethnic, racial sexual orientation, transgendered, or religious groups.
- Any other comments found by the Bureau to be offensive, inappropriate, or illegal.
For the benefit of robust discussion, we ask that comments remain “on-topic.” This means that comments must relate to the topic that is being discussed within the particular social media site. Comments that will be removed if posted include:
- Questions from the media
- Identical posts by the same user (please don’t submit over and over expecting the post to show up faster) or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person)