The purpose of this handbook is to highlight the various aspects of your stay at the Riverview Psychiatric Center and let you know what treatment and other services are available to you, and how you can expect to be treated.
Rights & Responsibilities
Policies and Forms
You Have the Right
- To be treated respectfully at all times.
- To be free from all kinds and forms of abuse and exploitation.
- To receive the best care available.
- To be fully involved in all decisions and aspects of your care.
- To refuse any care or treatment.
- To be paid for your work.
- To have access to an advocate.
- To have your privacy respected and confidentiality protected
- To have anyone you designate be informed and involved in your care.
- To have an interpreter or other assistance to communicate your needs.
- To have regular access to phone calls and visitors.
- To continue to worship in your preferred religion
You Have the Responsibility
- To participate in your treatment
- To provide the treatment staff accurate information
- To participate in your unit activities.
- To attend meals in the dining area
- To attend the treatment mall
- To ask questions if you don’t understand something
- To raise concerns anytime you see or hear something you think is inappropriate.
- To be respectful of the property of other patients
- To be respectful of the property of the staff and this hospital