DHHS → MeCDC → Public Health Systems → Data Research → Maine Cancer Registry → Resources For Reporting Hospitals
Maine Cancer Registry - Resources For Reporting Hospitals
Below are links for documents which are available for download in a PDF format.
According to state law, all hospitals that diagnose or treat a patient with cancer are required to report the case within 6 months of seeing the patient. Hospitals are the backbone of cancer surveillance, reporting 95-98% of all cases diagnosed in Maine. Complete, timely, and accurate reporting is essential for producing accurate state and national cancer statistics.
As upcoming educational opportunities arise, MCR will post the information here.
MCR facilitates complete, timely, and accurate reporting by providing the following documents:
- Hospital Reporting Deadlines (PDF)
- Hospital Reporting Form (PDF)
- 2021 Updates
- 2019 Updates
- 2018 Updates
- 2017 Updates
- 2016 Updates
- 2015 Updates
- 2014 Updates
- 2013 Updates
- 2012 Updates
- Section One: Introduction (PDF)
- Hospital Manual Page Update - Grade/Differentiation (PDF)
- Hospital Manual Page Update - Radiation (PDF)
- Hospital Manual Page Update - Scope of Regional Lymph Node Surgery (PDF)
- Hospital Manual Page Update - Surg/Rad Seq (PDF)
- Hospital Manual Page Update - Systemic/Surgery Seq (PDF)
- Hospital Manual Page Update - Casefinding Source (PDF)
- Required Data Items 2012 (PDF)
- Casefinding Code list for reportable tumors (PDF)
- 2011 Updates
- 2009 Updates
- 2008 Updates
- 2007 Updates
- 2006 Updates
- 2005 Hospital Reporting Manual
Questions about abstracting, coding, and reporting should be directed to MCR's Data Quality Manager, Kathy Boris at 207-287-8945.