DHHS → MeCDC → Disease Surveillance → MIP Home → COVID-19 Vaccination Rates for School Staff
COVID-19 Vaccination Rates for School Staff
This dashboard provides COVID-19 vaccination rates for staff of public schools (including charter, magnet, town academies and career/technical schools) and private schools providing instruction to students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12. The dashboard shows the percentage of school and central operations staff who are fully vaccinated, as reported by each school entity.
This information is updated monthly by the middle of each month with staff vaccination data as of the last day of the previous month.
To see details for an individual school, hover over the bar next to its name.
Please see the notes below for information on the limitations of these estimates.
- “School staff” is defined as individuals who are employed on a contracted, temporary, full-, or part-time basis, and are primarily assigned to a single building.
- “Central Operations Staff” is defined as individuals who are employed on a contracted, temporary, full-, or part-time basis, and are itinerant (travel among schools or student populations) or school entity-wide, (e.g. bus drivers, central office staff, shared service providers.)
- “Fully vaccinated” is defined as having received either two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or a single dose of the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine, at least 14 days prior to the survey date.
- "Suppressed or Did Not Submit” indicates that the school entity has fewer than 5 staff in total or the school entity did not report data. School entities that did not submit data will have an opportunity to submit missing data the following month and the dashboard will be updated to reflect these data. Schools with fewer than 5 staff in total are not reflected in the dashboard to protect privacy.
- DHHS will follow up with schools that do not meet the reporting requirement.
- Vaccination rates are not rolled up at the school entity/SAU level. By filtering on the SAU, individual school vaccination rates are shown, as well as the Central Operations staff.
- Central operations staff vaccination rates are separate from school staff vaccination rates, rather than a subset.
- Data may have been reported for an entire SAU and not broken down by school. In this instance, the vaccination rate for the SAU will be reflected as a whole, but school level data will be blank.
- Individual staff who did not respond to their respective school’s request for vaccination status are reported as unvaccinated.
- DHHS is reporting data as it was submitted by schools, with limited edits; while schools generally cannot correct their submissions after the 10th of the month, they will have the opportunity to update their rates in the next month’s submissions and may post their own rates.