Data resources lists links to web resources that provide ongoing population-based health data resources related to Maine.
On this page:
- Provides state-specific health care quality information
Web site: statesnapshots.ahrq.gov/snaps07/index.jsp
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System - a US CDC-funded ongoing telephone survey, administered in Maine by the Maine CDC.
- BRFSS Inquiry Functions
- This site includes incidence data submitted by each states's cancer registry and mortality data.
Years available are 2001, 2002, 2003.
Web site: cdc.gov/cancer/npcr/uscs
- Chronic Disease Indicators Web Site - US CDC website that provides state and US data on chronic diseases and related issues.
- Features a variety of tools to find state, region, and hospital-specific data.
Web site: www.dartmouthatlas.org/index.shtm
- Goals, objectives, major narrative points, and health disparity issues
chosen by over 500 Priority Area Work Group Members and other statewide experts.
Web site: Healthy Maine 2010 Data
- Maternal and Child Health Block Grant - at this site one can access Maine's annual report and application which includes the data for 18 national performance measures, 8 state performance measures and other health status indicators that states are required to report on annually.
- PRAMS is an on-going, population-based surveillance system designed to identify and monitor selected maternal behaviors and experiences before, during, and after pregnancy among women who have recently given birth to a live infant. Data are collected monthly from women using a mail/telephone survey.
- US CDC atlas related to cardiovascular disease
- MYDAUS/YTS - an inquiry based data website. Includes the years 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006. Can run results statewide and by county (and by school district with password).
- TDS-OSA Substance Abuse Treatment Data System - inquiry based
- Prescription Monitoring Program - a variety of prepared reports and data on all prescribed schedule II-IV drugs filled at pharmarcies on the system