Regional Planning Organizations

Regional Planning Organizations (i.e. Planning Commissions, Councils of Governments) receive funds from the Maine Legislature and Maine Coastal Program to provide general planning assistance to municipalities within their respective regions. This assistance is available upon request to the extent that the funding allows. At a minimum, this assistance will include answering general questions, advising on committee formation, explaining the Growth Management Act and the Comprehensive Plan Review Criteria Rule, and providing presentations on interlocal resource planning.

Find your Regional Planning Organization: MPAP's Service Areas Map 8.5x11 (PDF) or 20" x 32" Map (PDF)

Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments
125 Manley Road
Auburn, ME 04210
Phone: (207) 783-9186
Land Use Technical Assistance Contact:
Shelley Norton

Greater Portland Council of Governments
970 Baxter Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Portland, ME 04103
Phone: (207) 774-9891 or 1-800-649-1304
Land Use Technical Assistance Contact:
Harold Spetla

Kennebec Valley Council of Governments
17 Main Street
Fairfield, ME 04937
Phone: (207) 453-4258 ext. 219
Land Use Technical Assistance Contact:
Joel Greenwood

Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission
297 Bath Road
Wiscasset, ME 04578
Phone: (207) 882-4271
Land Use Technical Assistance Contact:
Mary Ellen Barnes  

Northern Maine Development Commission
11 West Presque Isle Road
P.O. Box 779
Caribou, ME 04736
Phone: (207) 498-8736 or 1-800-427-8736
Land Use Technical Assistance Contact:
Jay Kamm

Southern Maine Planning and Development Commission
110 Main Street – Suite 1400
Saco, ME 04072
Phone: (207) 571-7065
Land Use Technical Assistance Contact:
Abbie Sherwin