Take the Real Maine Pledge, Support Maine Food and Agricultural Producers
May 27, 2021
For more information contact: Jim Britt at: Jim.Britt@maine.gov
Agricultural Fairs and Open Farm Day Return for summer 2021
AUGUSTA - The Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry invites everyone to take the Real Maine pledge by opting for Maine-grown, raised, and made products this summer and always.
Pledge to support Maine's agricultural businesses:
- Look for local farm stands and activities on RealMaine.com
- Find local farmers' markets every day of the week with the Maine Federation of Farmers' Markets
- Look for every opportunity to buy directly from farms and local food producers like breweries, creameries, nurseries and greenhouses
Pledge to try classic and the latest agricultural events and activities:
- Maine's agricultural fair season kicks off June and runs through October
- Maine Open Farm Day is scheduled for Sunday, July 25
- The first-ever Wild Blueberry Weekend August 7-8
Find more festivities and more opportunities to Level-Up for Maine's farmers and agricultural producers on RealMaine.com.
Helpful Real Maine insider tips:
Shop for local food and farm goods all summer long:
- Call ahead, check local listings for hours, schedules and seasonal updates
- Help keep farms healthy - stay home if sick or not feeling well
- Follow farm rules. Stay in visitor areas. Keep pets at home.
- Shop with an insulated container keep cold foods cold and hot foods hot for quality and freshness
- Always wash produce before eating and preparing
- Stick to established trails & roads and avoid tailgating farm machinery
- Ask farmers how to enjoy farm products year-round!
Find Maine food, farm products and destinations.
Planning a safe recreational trip is all about respect.