Customers and potential customers impacted by the current coronavirus pandemic should contact communications service providers directly for potential support.
These external links lead to resources for community leaders.
- Maine Broadband Coalition helps public policy makers and Maine citizens make the best choices about building a robust and productive information technology infrastructure.
- Community-Driven Broadband Process (pdf) guidebook from Island Institute
- Fiber-to-the-Home Tools & Resources from Broadband Communities Magazine
- Getting Maine Connected resource webpage developed by a program of the Maine Development Foundation
- Broadband 101 by the Benton Institute
- Internet & Broadband Facts by Pew Research Center
- Public-Private Partnerships (pdf), Stakeholder Outreach (pdf), Planning Roadmap (pdf), Power of Partnerships (pdf) are guides by BroadbandUSA.
- Broadband Factsheets by Broadband Connects America Coalition
- Adult Education Programs offer digital literacy courses for free.
- National Digital Equity Center provides resources to close the digital divide, including affordability and literacy resources.
- give IT. get IT provides affordable equipment, such as computers, along with other digital inclusion resources.
- Job and workforce training
- 2016 Ratewatcher Telecom Guide (pdf)
- Maine Model Cable TV Franchise Agreement (pdf)