Spectrum Launches Spectrum Internet® Gig and Spectrum Business® Internet Gig in Bangor, Presque Isle Area
BANGOR, Maine (October 10, 2018) – Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR) today announced the launch of Spectrum Internet Gig for residential customers and Spectrum Business Internet Gig for small and medium-sized business clients in the company’s Bangor, Aroostook County and Downeast service areas, featuring the deployment of DOCSIS 3.1 internet services delivering a 1 Gbps connection to the home or business.
Spectrum is fully committed to bringing faster internet speeds to the communities it serves with no modem fees or data caps. Priced at $104.99 per month for new residential customers, Spectrum Internet Gig is now available to more than 95 percent of the company’s footprint, and will be available throughout virtually all of Spectrum’s 41-state service area by the end of 2018. Today’s launch includes the cities of Bangor, Brewer, Calais, Caribou, Eastport, Ellsworth, Old Town and Presque Isle, as well as in surrounding communities where Spectrum operates, including Bucksport, Fort Kent, Dexter, Dover-Foxcroft, Eagle Lake, Hampden, Lincoln, Machias, Madawaska, Milo, Pittsfield and Winterport.
“Spectrum’s state-of-the-art, fiber-rich network allows us to deploy dramatically faster broadband speeds, including gigabit connections, broadly and rapidly,” said Tom Rutledge, Charter Communications Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “As consumer demands for bandwidth and capacity grow, our world-class network is best-positioned to meet these demands, today and into the future.”
With Spectrum Internet Gig, residential customers have access to faster and more powerful internet speeds for streaming video, online gaming, downloading music and more across multiple devices without sacrificing performance. Spectrum Internet Gig is offered with no data caps or contracts, includes a modem and free in-home WiFi, and is backed by a 30-day money back guarantee. For more information on Spectrum’s full suite of advanced broadband services, please visit www.spectrum.com.
Spectrum Business Internet Gig is available to new customers starting at $249.99 per month, which includes a modem, customer WiFi for businesses with public seating or lobby areas, custom domain and email addresses, cloud backup and desktop security software at no additional charge. For more details on Spectrum Business’ full suite of advanced solutions, visit www.business.spectrum.com or call 1-855-272-8857.
- Three investments that can make Maine's economy work for everyone: https://bangordailynews.com/2018/11/04/opinion/contributors/three-investments-that-can-make-maines-economy-work-for-everyone/
- Rural broadband among top priorities for Maine's gubernatorial candidates: https://www.pressherald.com/2018/10/21/rural-broadband-among-top-priorities-for-maines-gubernatorial-candidates/
- USDA Broadband Site: https://www.usda.gov/broadband
- Stonington working with Axiom to improve broadband service: http://www.mainebiz.biz/article/20180828/NEWS01/180829945/stonington-working-with-axiom-to-improve-broadband-service
- GWI planning to bring broadband internet to Farmington: https://www.centralmaine.com/2018/08/28/gwi-planning-to-bring-broadband-internet-to-farmington/
- Small-Town Ingenuity is Making Gigabit Broadband a Reality: https://www.wired.com/story/opinion-small-towns-gigabit-broadband-success/
- Come Join Us: Funding Rural Broadband September 12, 2018 3-4:30 p.m: FRB Flier
- Commentary: Market Forces Can't be Allowed to Further Widen Maine's Digital Divide: https://www.pressherald.com/2018/08/11/commentary-market-forces-cant-be-allowed-to-further-widen-maines-digital-divide/
- Axiom Lands $700K Grant to Close 'Digital Divide' in Eight Maine Counties: http://www.mainebiz.biz/article/20180813/NEWS01/180819987
- Broadband Speed: FCC Map Vs. Experience on the Ground: http://www.dailyyonder.com/broadband-speed-fcc-map-vs-experience-ground/2018/07/25/26583/
- Department of Agriculture Broadband E-Connectivity Pilot Program Comments Due September 10, 2018. Broadband E-Connectivity Pilot Program Notice
- ConnectME Wants a Share of $600 Million in Federal Funds for Rural Broadband: https://www.pressherald.com/2018/07/09/connectme-seeks-cut-of-600-million-in-federal-funds-for-broadband-expansion/
- Broadband Expansion 'Roadshow' Heads to Six Maine Towns: http://www.mainebiz.biz/article/20180710/NEWS01/180719998/broadband-expansion-%27roadshow%27-heads-to-six-maine-towns
- Welsh Village Residents Dig 15 Miles of Trenches for Faster Wifi: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/27/welsh-village-residents-dig-15-miles-trenches-faster-wifi-michaelston-y-fedw
- FCC Votes to Increase Broadband Funding for Telehealth Expansion:https://mhealthintelligence.com/news/fcc-votes-to-increase-broadband-funding-for-telehealth-expansion
- Maine West Broadband Technology Plan: http://www.mainewest.org/broadband-access.html
- Five City Strategies to Accelerate Broadband Infrastructure Deployment: https://broadbandusa.ntia.doc.gov/ntia-blog/five-city-strategies-accelerate-broadband-infrastructure-deployment#contententarea
- Study Finds Rural Communities Quickly Realize Benefits Outpacing Costs of Broadband: http://www.govtech.com/dc/Study-Finds-Rural-Communities-Quickly-Realize-Benefits-Outpacing-Costs-of-Broadband.html
- Maine Calling- Great Discussion on Broadband in Maine: http://mainepublic.org/post/broadband-what-will-it-take-connectivity-across-maine#stream/0
- ConnectME Authority Broadband Resources - one pager (PDF)
- Community Guide to Broadband - by Maine Broadband Coalition (PDF)
- Gigabit Communities - Technical Strategies for Facilitating Public or Private Broadband Construction in Your Community
- BroadbandUSA - Provides assistance to communities that want to expand their broadband capacity and promote broadband adoption.
- Broadband resource toolkit developed by a program of the Maine Development Foundation: http://sigmaclassyellowteam.wordpress.com/
- Maine Developmet Foundation/Maine Chamber of Commerce, Maine's Investment Imperative II: Unleashing the Potential, Maine's Investment Imperative II: Survey with 1,000 Maine Businesses
- Ratewatcher Telecom Guide
- Internet Access Providers in Maine: These are unaudited lists, for details contact the providers directly. Please contact email@example.com for additions, deletions, or changes. For information purposes only, no endorsement is expressed or implied.
- Service Provider List (PDF) - June 11, 2014 developed by ConnectME Authority
- Maine Public Libraries with Wireless Access by Town
- Maine Model Cable TV Franchise Agreement (PDF) Agreement (WORD) Public Law, Chapter 548 Letters of Support