The ConnectMaine Authority is now an operational unit of the Maine Connectivity Authority. The functional integration of MCA and ConnectMaine operations provides a “single door” solution and simplifies access for Maine citizens, broadband stakeholders, and governmental partners.
To learn more, please visit the Maine Connectivity Authority website: https://www.maineconnectivity.org/about
The ConnectMaine Authority is a public instrumentality of Maine state government whose mission is to facilitate the universal availability of broadband to all Maine households and businesses and help them understand the valuable role it can play in enriching their lives and helping their communities thrive.
Duties of the Authority include:
- Establish criteria defining unserved and underserved areas;
- Promote use of broadband service;
- Support broadband investment;
- Facilitate state support of deployment of broadband infrastructure;
- Collect and disseminate information; and
- Administer funds.