FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23, 2014
CONTACT: Matt Dunlap (207) 626-8400
Maine Secretary of State Matt Dunlap Announces Order of Bond Questions for November General Election Ballot
AUGUSTA, MaineWith assistance from Deputy Secretary of State Julie Flynn, along with his daughter Emily Dunlap, Secretary of State Matt Dunlap drew the order of bond questions for this Novembers ballot. In order, the referendum ballot will read:
- Question 1: Do you want to ban the use of bait, dogs or traps in bear hunting except to protect property, public safety, or for research?
- Question 2: Do you favor an $8,000,000 bond issue to support Maine agriculture, facilitate economic growth in natural resources-based industries and monitor human health threats related to ticks, mosquitoes and bedbugs through the creation of an animal and plant disease and insect control laboratory administered by the University of Maine Cooperative Extension Service?
- Question 3: Do you favor a bond issue to provide $4,000,000 in funds to insure portions of loans to small businesses to spur investment and innovation and to provide $8,000,000 in funds to make flexible loans to small businesses to create jobs, revitalize downtowns and strengthen the rural economy?
- Question 4: Do you favor a $10,000,000 bond issue, to be awarded through a competitive process and to be matched by $11,000,000 in private and other funds, to build a research center and to discover genetic solutions for cancer and the diseases of aging, to promote job growth and private sector investment in this State, to attract and retain young professionals and make the State a global leader in genomic medicine?
- Question 5: Do you favor a $3,000,000 bond issue, to be awarded through a competitive process and to be matched by $5,700,000 in private and public funds, to modernize and expand infrastructure in a biological laboratory specializing in tissue repair and regeneration located in the State in order to increase biotechnology workforce training, retain and recruit to the State multiple biomedical research and development groups and create a drug discovery and development facility that will improve human health and stimulate biotechnology job growth and economic activity?
- Question 6: Do you favor a $10,000,000 bond issue to ensure clean water and safe communities across Maine; to protect drinking water sources; to restore wetlands; to create jobs and vital public infrastructure; and to strengthen the States long-term economic base and competitive advantage?
- Question 7: Do you favor a $7,000,000 bond issue to facilitate the growth of marine businesses and commercial enterprises that create jobs and improve the sustainability of the States marine economy and related industries through capital investments, to be matched by at least $7,000,000 in private and other funds?
Maines General Election will be held Tuesday, November 4th, 2014. The Secretary of States electronic Absentee Ballot Request service will be online as of August 4th.