FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 22, 2012
Contact: Megan Sanborn
Secretary of State Charles E. Summers, Jr. Launches Corporate Identity Theft Education Seminar Series
On Tuesday, May 22 in Bangor, Secretary of State Charlie Summers is launching a series of seminars to educate Maine’s business community of the risk of corporate identity theft. The Office of the Secretary of State is working in coordination with the U.S. Secret Service and regional business development organizations to inform Maine businesses about how they can minimize specific identity theft threats to their businesses. The goal of this series is to help business owners and managers learn how to be alert to risks, best protect their operations, and effectively respond should breaches in their identity security occur.
These seminars are open to the public and free of charge, with no pre-registration required. Each is approximately one hour in length and allows time for questions and answers.
- Bangor: Husson University, Dyke Center for Family Business, Tuesday, May 22, noon - 1:00 pm
- Presque Isle: University of Maine Presque Isle, Campus Center Multi-Purpose Room, Wednesday, May 23, 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Portland: Portland Regional Chamber, 443 Congress Street, Thursday, May 31, 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Machias: Sunrise County Economic Council, 1 Stackpole Road, Thursday, June 7, Noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Calais (via simultaneous teleconference from Machias): Washington County Community College Administration Building, Room 6, Thursday, June 7, Noon – 1:00 p.m.