Respiratory Protection Standard for Maine Public Sector
On May 3, 1999, the Maine Board of Occupational Safety and Health adopted OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, Respiratory Protection, with amendments for enforcement in Maine public sector. The standard with amendments applies to all public sector employers who provide respirators for employee use in their workplaces.
The standard became effective October 1, 1999. Full compliance was expected by August 2, 2000. The Public Sector Enforcement Program of the Maine Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Standards, enforces the standard.
Following are sample forms, checklists, and policies to help employers comply. The forms, which were provided by various fire departments in Maine, are samples only and must be individualized for each place of employment.
SafetyWorks! consultants can answer questions or provide additional assistance with this standard. Call 207-623-7900 or 1-877-SAFE-345 (723-3345); (TTY: Maine relay 711).
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 Respiratory Protection
- Amendments to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 for Maine Public Sector
- Tuberculosis Respiratory Protection Regulation Change, 06/21/04
- Checklist for Respiratory Protection Programs
- Checklist for Respirator Selection
- Checklist for Medical Evaluation
- Checklist for Fit-Testing
- Checklist for Proper Use of Respirators
- Checklist for Respiratory Maintenance and Care
- Checklist for Breathing Air Quality and Use
- Training and Information Checklist
- Program Evaluation Checklist
- Recordkeeping Checklist