As part of the MLTI program, schools are required to provide a device to each eligible student, maintain all devices in good working order, repair devices that break, replace lost or stolen devices, and keep their Asset Managers up to date. This section provides information to assist.
- Asset Manager
- Requesting Additional Devices to Serve Increased Enrollment, a New Student, or a New Staff Member
- Location of Enrollment Pools
- Reporting Lost or Stolen Devices
- Replacing Apple Devices that are Lost, Stolen or Damaged Beyond Repair (buffers and paid replacements)
- Replacing HP Devices that are Lost, Stolen or Damaged Beyond Repair (paid replacements)
- Ordering Replacement or Additional Apple Accessories
- Ordering Replacement or Additional HP Accessories
Managing Devices and Infrastructure
Tech Directors and Tech Leads at MLTI schools play the primary role in ensuring that devices and technology infrastructure are updated, maintained and repaired if necessary, to ensure that educators and students can succeed in using the technology to teach and learn. This section primarily deals with procedures for tech staff at MLTI schools, but also contains some general information about managing devices that is useful for all device users.
New and/or Updated
- New Repair Dispatch Instructions (Updated 4/6/17)
- New Repair Dispatch FAQs (Updated 4/21/17)
- Recovery Mode Restore (Updated 11/9/17)
- MLTI JAMF Pro Configurations for MEA 2019 (Updated 3/19/19)
- Migrate existing macOS Devices to new JSS (Updated 9/8/16)
- MLTI JSS Recommended Settings (Updated 9/8/16)
- Asset Manager Overview (overview, managing assets, replacement asset tags, reports & device transfers)
- New Repair Dispatch Instructions (updated 10/15/18)
- Repairs (warranty, non-warranty and contaminated device information)
- Apple TV - MLTI Recommended Configurations (Updated 10/27/16)
iOS Device Workflows (iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air)
- iPad Care and Use
- Deploying MLTI iPad (Updated 02/14/2018)
- iPad Customizations (Updated 02/14/2018)
- Clear Activation Lock Bulk Template
- Clear Activation Lock
for MLTI iPad Instructions (Updated 10/30/2018)
- Recovery Mode Restore (Updated 3/28/17)
macOS Device Workflows (MacBook Air 13, MacBook Air 11)
- MLTI macOS High Sierra Update
- Set Up Process for MacBook Air (Updated 10/05/2018)
- Restore from CrashPlan PROe Backup (Updated 12/5/2014)
- Enable Apple Remote Desktop (Updated 12/5/2014)
- MLTI JAMF Pro Configurations for MEA 2017 (Updated 3/23/2017)
- iOS Education Deployment Guide iBook
- OS X Deployment Reference
- Getting Started with Classroom PDF
- Education Deployment Guide Website
- Classroom Help
- Apple School Manager Help
- Education IT Website
- Apple School Manager Help
- iOS Deployment Reference
- Transfer Content (Updated 6/5/2016)
- How to Back Up iOS
- Manage iCloud Storage
- Check MLTI Wireless status for known outages or follow Networkmaine on Twitter @MSLNStatus
- Check system status for all Apple systems (iTunes U, VPP, iCloud, etc)
Wireless Network Support
For support, troubleshooting and questions related to service issues of a wireless network that was installed as part of the Enabled 1-2-1 deployment, contact the Help Desk at 855-936-2253.
Technical support is available 6:00 am - 10:00 pm local time at: 1-855-9enabled (1-855-936-2253).
Support is also available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple MLTI Networks
In the event of a network outage, or other network related issue, please contact the NetworkMaine Help Desk at 1-888-367-6756 (888-FOR-MSLN) between the hours of 7 am and 8 pm, Monday through Friday: NetworkMaine and Systems Engineering are working together to support and maintain wifi networks in Apple schools, under contract with the Maine Department of Education until June 30, 2020.
HP MLTI Networks
For support, troubleshooting and questions related to service issues of a wireless network installed as part of the Enabled 1-2-1 deployment, contact Education Networks of America (ENA) at 888-612-2880. ENA is supporting and maintaining wifi networks in HP schools, under contract with the Maine Department of Education until June 30, 2020.