Nutrition, Physical Activity and Healthy Weight
Healthy eating and physical activity keep you healthy now. It also reduces the chance you will develop a chronic disease such as diabetes, cancer or cardiovascular disease. We work with state and local partners to make it easier for you to move more and eat healthy where you live, work, learn and play.
- promote changes that make active living and healthy eating the easy choice
- ensure people have access to healthy foods at a good price
- enable people to get their recommended levels of physical activity
- increasing access to places for physical activity
- supporting breastfeeding best practices in health care systems, worksite and the community
- assess and improve the built environment and food systems to create more opportunity for all Mainers to eat healthy and be physically active.